Help – Census Enrollment – Usage
When should I use census enrollment data vs. regular enrollment data?
Use census data if
- You are reporting on historical trends over time
- You want/need to match official enrollment statistics
- You want/need stable numbers that aren’t going to change from day to day
Use regular plan/term enrollment data if
- You need an as-of-yesterday version of who is enrolled
- You have a very particular question that involves attributes/information not available in census data
Although sometimes in the last case, you can pull a census population into the regular subject area to pick up other attributes or information.